COVID-19 Advisory Information
Please read below for important information regarding the impact of COVID-19 on patient care at Franklin Dermatology Group. Posted March 2020, updated April 27, 2020.
What is Franklin Dermatology Group doing to protect our patients and help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- All staff will have their temperatures checked at the beginning of the day and will report any symptoms as listed below just as we expect of you. Any staff with symptoms or temperature of 100 or greater will be sent home.
- All pens and clip boards are being sanitized after each patient use should you need to use one.
- All waiting room chairs are being sanitized after use.
- All surfaces, including the beds, counters, equipment, and door knobs in rooms are being sanitized after each use.
- Consents will be taken verbally so that iPads do not have to be touched.
- All staff will sanitize or wash their hands upon entering and exiting your room.
- All staff will wear masks and eye protection at all times.
- All staff will wear gloves should they need to come in contact with you.
- All providers will wipe down their hand held dermatoscopes (that magnifier we all love) prior to using it to examine you.
- Markers have been placed on the floors to keep patients in line at check-in and check-out 6 feet apart.
- We are staggering patient check-in times and reducing the amount of patients to honor social distancing guidelines.
How do I prepare for my in office appointment?
- Bring a mask, scarf, bandana, or other covering to wear over your mouth and nose while you are being seen in the office
- Come to your appointment alone if at all possible. Any companion may wait outside our office in the car. If you must have a companion, please know they will need to wear a mask as well.
- Please call the office PRIOR to your appointment if you develop any new cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, or have recently come in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
What should I expect when I get there?
- When you arrive you will be greeted by a nurse at the front door. The nurse will be dressed in appropriate protective gear, will ask you about symptoms, and check your temperature all without touching you. If you have a companion, they will be screened as well. If you have a temperature of 100 or higher, we will kindly ask you to reschedule
- A small table will be available in the entry way with hand sanitizer should you need it.
- Once screened you will proceed to the front desk to check in. Please follow the markers on the floor to maintain a 6-foot distance from other patients.
- Once checked in you may find a seat in the waiting room. Most of the chairs have been removed to accommodate social distancing. We will remove you from the waiting room as quickly as possible.
- During your office visit, should a consent be needed, it will be taken verbally.
- When your visit is over, follow the markers on the floor to checkout to maintain a 6-foot distance from other patients.
We know these are difficult and unprecedented times. If there is anything else we can do to make you feel safer in our office, please let us know. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you soon.
Telehealth is Here
Call us today if you need skin care advice. We have providers available for Telehealth appointments every day. 615-771-1881
Meet Our Team
Take a moment to get to know your team of healthcare professionals at Franklin Dermatology Group and The Aesthetic Center. New patients always welcome.