COVID-19 Advisory Information
Please read below for important information regarding the impact of COVID-19 on patient care at Franklin Dermatology Group. Posted March 2020, updated August 20, 2021.
What is Franklin Dermatology Group doing to protect our patients and help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Any staff with symptoms or temperature of 100 or greater will be sent home.
- All pens and clip boards are being sanitized after each patient use should you need to use one.
- All waiting room chairs are being sanitized after use.
- All surfaces, including the beds, counters, equipment, and door knobs in rooms are being sanitized after each use.
- All staff will sanitize or wash their hands upon entering and exiting your room.
- All staff will wear masks at all times.
- All staff will wear gloves should they need to come in contact with you.
- All providers will wipe down their hand held dermatoscopes (that magnifier we all love) prior to using it to examine you.
- Markers have been placed on the floors to keep patients in line at check-in and check-out 6 feet apart.
How do I prepare for my in office appointment?
- Bring a mask, scarf, bandana, or other covering to wear over your mouth and nose while you are being seen in the office
- Come to your appointment alone if at all possible. Any companion may wait outside our office in the car. If you must have a companion, please know they will need to wear a mask as well.
- Please call the office PRIOR to your appointment if you develop any new cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, or have recently come in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
- If you are unable to wear a mask, please bring documentation from your medical doctor and let the office know as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made to safely see you in our office. We may not be able to honor same day requests.
What should I expect when I get there?
- You may proceed to the front desk to check in. Please follow the markers on the floor to maintain a 6-foot distance from other patients.
- Once checked in you may find a seat in the waiting room. Most of the chairs have been removed to accommodate social distancing. We will remove you from the waiting room as quickly as possible.
- When your visit is over, follow the markers on the floor to checkout to maintain a 6-foot distance from other patients.
We know these are difficult and unprecedented times. If there is anything else we can do to make you feel safer in our office, please let us know. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you soon.
Meet Our Team
Take a moment to get to know your team of healthcare professionals at Franklin Dermatology Group and The Aesthetic Center. New patients always welcome.